EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY [REMOTE]ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATE INTERN
Our internal mission is to maintain integrity and set an example for others as stewards of our clients’ financial and time resources. We are glad you are here to learn more about an exciting opportunity!
You will earn the concepts and accounting tools necessary to fully outsource a client’s accounting function. You will gain experience in the complete monthly accounting cycle.
02. ADD VALUE
You will help clients get a good picture of their financial results. You will participate in strategic development for client needs beyond accounting tasks.
03. HAVE FUN
We will find ways to have fun while we make our clients lives easier together. We enjoy talking about our weekdays and our weekends!
Are you a fit?
We are more relaxed and fun than stressed. We do have times of tight deadlines, but we thrive off of the energy and teamwork needed during those times. We work hard when needed but also play hard.
We push the limits of technology — quite a bit more than the average. We have our own internal tech stack, and we also need to work with each client’s tech stack. This requires us each to have a high-level of flexibility in technology adoption. We may use one app for a solution one week, but the next week a new client joins that requires a quick adjustment.
We work remote for the most part. This is a huge benefit… no commutes 🙂 Think of all that time you get back in drive-time. You’ll want to be comfortable communicating by email, chat, calls, or video calls. We may occasionally meet as a team or visit a client’s office. We do enjoy getting to meet face-to-face as well.
GET IT DONE
GET IT RIGHT
Your daily tasks
- Gain a beginner to intermediate level knowledge of QuickBooks and other accounting apps necessary to complete the monthly accounting cycle.
- Understand the journal entries created as a result of using the accounting tools or apps.
- Interpret guidelines for tracking client revenue and expense account entries.
- Categorize transactions according to client and company guidelines.
- Produce financial reports as needed for clients.
- Provide support for special client information or research requests.
- Organize tasks in task software and meet assigned deadlines.
- Become comfortable communicating through online tools, but be available for occasional in-person team meetings.
- Uphold the external & internal company missions.
- Work 15-20 hours per week in conjunction with your educational program.